The National Debt

>

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Rush and Beck weigh in on the H1N1 vaccination

Who do you think the real Loons are here, the liberal group Media Matters and Thomas H. Maugh II would be my suggestion!
Tommy

Media commentators Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh have apparently fallen prey to the loony websites of the anti-vaccine folks and have begun campaigning against the swine flu vaccine program, according to the liberal group Media Matters for America.

Beck said on one show that he would do "the exact opposite" of what the government recommended and that his inclination is to attend a swine flu party and catch the virus now before it has a chance to mutate. He wouldn't take the vaccine because "you don't know if this is going to cause neurological damage like it did in the 1970s" (Sept. 30)--a prospect that has, incidentally been totally discredited.(oh has it now?) He also said, "People just feel in their gut, 'I don't trust these people any more...' They think our government could be so incompetent that they don't have any clue as to what they are doing." (Sept. 29)

Limbaugh addressed Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius, saying "I am not going to take it, precisely because you are now telling me I must....I don't want to take your vaccine. I don't get flu shots." Later, he added that if "you have some idiot government official demanding, telling me I must take this vaccine, I'll never take it." (Oct. 7) On the same show, he said, "The next time you hear, 'The government says...' don't believe it. You'll be healthier, trust me." Read more:

No comments: